Sunday, 2 November 2008

Disaster

Track 2 from the album Stigmata Playing Up Again.

We walk past the gym but we never go in
They're just wasting their time - you know everything about life
You put food in one end, and shit comes out the other end
It's like riding on a bus
It's what everybody does
It's a disaster, what a disaster
You can't make it okay
There won't be a better way
It's a disaster, what a disaster
Those exams you needed to pass, you were late for every one
Why won't people just believe that you know everything about life
You spill your drink on the floor, and then you go and get a cloth
One day there'll be a revolution
And everyone will change their minds!

11 comments:

  1. one of the best songs I've heard in years...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...best enjoyed on cassette through one's walkman while strolling through the city center on a friday night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know if the demographic you're aiming for is late 30 something mothers, but that's a risk you take :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dina Garabedian8 March 2009 at 16:36

    so Talented.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. talented,gifted,exellent track,this song has my vote

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brian Eric Smith14 June 2009 at 02:14

    Great song. I'm reminded of Mitch Easter & Let's Active a bit. Nice feel, melody & structure & a great showcase of classic Rickenbacker 12 string & bass sounds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely, superb music 11/10. I thoroughly enjoy your music. very melodic. but your lyrics are comical 'put food in one end, and shit comes out the other end' hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of the loveliest riffs you've written yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The human race has countless fetishes, you chose arpeggio: good choice mate!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Love this song & album! I'm glad I discovered you through Youtube!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Guilherme Bezerra2 January 2012 at 15:57

    I discovered the Primroseleague with this song on My Space 3 years ago. I love your song and your voice. Best wishes from Brasil - Rio de Janeiro

    ReplyDelete