Sunday, 9 November 2008

Twenty Easy Payments

Track 9 from the album Stigmata Playing Up Again.

A mental patient is crying
They've shut him out tonight
Twenty easy payments, no need to think about it
Never a policeman in the way
It's chucking it down outside
Someone's gonna catch a cold
Twenty easy payments, they've got you by the bollocks
How you gonna feed yourself tonight?
What does it take to make you cook your own meals?
You've been here before and so you know how it feels
Make it a night and try and get someone killed
You're riding a misery-go-round*
I've come to cheer you up
Start at the beginning, end at the beginning
Is anything ever going to change?
* Clever!

11 comments:

  1. My favourite track by the Primrose League. The line about the 'misery-go-round' puts a smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniela Vrasinec14 March 2009 at 22:20

    This one is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT GREAT GREAT....¡¡¡¡¡
    i'm starting my home studio
    i hope some day i could do things like you do....sorrry about my english..
    Now you have a fan here in Guadalajara
    Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes... definitely one of my all time favourites..... this is the one that I put on walking to work..... really puts me in a good mood....

    ReplyDelete
  5. autoversicherung vergleich28 October 2010 at 03:24

    Very enlightening and beneficial to someone whose been out of the circuit for a long time.

    - Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Desde Colombia.... un Saludo.. increíble música!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Second best song on the album!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Easily my favorite song of yours. The guitars are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Now my fav song!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Timo from Germany29 May 2012 at 02:12

    Now I never want to hear something else =)
    You are a genius

    ReplyDelete
  11. Un saludo Daniel , que buena musica que haces siento una gran influencia de Johnny Marr en la guitarra. Desde Perú un saludo. Mucha suerte

    ReplyDelete