Monday, 31 August 2009

Safety in Numbers

Track 8 from the album Letters to Cyril Connolly.

No one understands a word you say
Doesn't matter how hard you cry
You can scream out loud in a policeman's face
Or you could if you weren't so shy
Would you like some help as you tie your shoes
I could polish your unicorn
Tell me all about what you did in the war
A long time before I was born
Time is not a healer
We have to do all it all ourselves
There's no safety in numbers
When a million people care for themselves
It takes an age to drag the shopping home
And they never do the stuff you like
Everything has moved since the last time you came
Maybe they do it out of spite

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for such a beautiful song.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Safety in Numbers" is certainly the best song you have ever written. I am proud to be one of your fan.

    [thanks for telling me about the broken link - have fixed it. --dan]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rogerio (california)12 September 2009 at 13:57

    very nice song, such a creative work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i dont want to scare u, but u scare me this track is so good

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yanni (NY/NJ) USA14 December 2009 at 21:17

    Your work is beautiful! Congrats and keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mauro De Giorgi18 June 2010 at 15:21

    Mate, you got talent. I still haven't found a mediocre song in your site. They are all outstanding. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Great Constantini (California)12 July 2010 at 13:05

    There are few words left to say.I plan to sell all my gear. You are the one not me. For now on I will just have to listen to your magic.Thank You

    ReplyDelete