Tuesday, 16 March 2010

Where I Sign My Name

Track 1 from the album Havoc Monk Unseen.

When the sun goes down
And there's no one around
There's a bus that takes us right down into the town
We get our spray cans
And we climb very high
Propellent to the top of the world
Some like their skateboards
But that's not for me
I want to leave my mark where people can see
Something to gaze on
A work that catches the eye
Till the council pulls the bastard down
I'm the shadow
You have to live in
Where I sign my name
I'm the image
The world is made in
Where I sign my name
The thrill of danger
The thought that we might be caught
While you're tucked up in bed just like you were taught
Meet the new owners
Of all we deface and
Inherit from the living dead
Just choose a new name
Something cool and absurd
And introduce some walls to the written word
Paint your own poster
In an impossible place
To prove you've got the biggest balls

14 comments:

  1. Richard (France)19 March 2010 at 10:52

    You are now a central part of my mind's landscape...wether you care or do not...YES

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul Rebassier (USA, Florida)22 March 2010 at 11:25

    Great Tune!! I'm really jealous of all the Rickenbacker gear!!! Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still don't believe you put all this music up for free Daniel. This is pure gold.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Armando Louder - Brazil3 June 2010 at 14:41

    Hy, Daniel... I wish I could hire him as a music producer of my songs ( Drums, Guitars, bass, Etc... ), would have interest? a home studio version on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdSHHcTlL0o

    My email: allvisualweb@gmail.com
    Skype: allvisualweb
    MSN: armando@avw.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great son, man!!!
    You're a great musician.
    Im brazilian ( Rio de Janeiro) and i love music like .. Stealy Dan, Sakamoto, Chemical Bros, Led Zeppelin, Imogen Heap and from now on...yours..
    Congratulations!
    Sorry bout my bad english.
    Tonyvisual@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - a tune about graffiti culture that isn't rap!! Your guitar layering here's on a par with J.Marr's, to say nothing of that killer bass line & stomping beat - love it - IMO your biggest 'hit'(if you will) since 'Hypochondria'.
    Rock on my good fellow!!
    Peace, A

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must get my rabbits in from the garden.......

    Oh go on, just one more track then! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Renzo Galessio (PERU)8 May 2011 at 04:09

    what a cool beat, love your songs, find out of you when i looked for smiths covers, continue the good work, hope you become an idol sometime

    ReplyDelete
  9. Catchy tune with a KILLER chorus! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent layering of guitars!

    ReplyDelete
  11. billy from blackpool26 August 2011 at 13:37

    superb,genius,get on the road,you are a breath of fresh air,great music,uplifting brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG man , thats really music , very nice!

    ReplyDelete