Monday, 9 August 2010

Children Are Monsters

Track 4 from the album Havoc Monk Unseen.

Turn on, tune in, drop dead
Some rude stuff from Germaine Greer
Madonna of the Napalm
Long hair, everywhere
Listen to Dr Leary
He'll tell us what to do
The Stones might go to prison
It's a bummer, this summer
But nothing you could do could ever prepare you
Rumpole himself couldn't save you
Children are monsters
You can't let them run your magazine
You couldn't spell the name of
An idiot from Cuba
If you need moral guidance
What would Rupert do?
A child that takes his first sip
Doesn't really get drunk
But feels like such a big strong man
In proportion to his innocence
Letter from a Greek prison
Blue films by the Yard
It's all been explained by
Marshall McLuhan

9 comments:

  1. Nigel (California)10 August 2010 at 23:06

    I have a feeling this will be your best album yet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. from the album title to its list of songs--is just too good daniel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the McLuhan reference at the end; resonates nicely with me doing a degree in sociology - maybe this should be used in seminars!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This could be your best yet. Beautiful ear for a sweet melody. Reminds me a little of The Passions, which is no bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buena canción, de verdad. Tienen muchas probabilidades de ser famosos.
    Me gustó.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude, you are really good! Yeah I'm a huge Marr fan too...I hope you find the right distribution channel to be paid well for what you love to do!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am listening to "The Primrose league", I close my eyes...I 'm sixteen...and the whole world can explode...I'm somewhere else....
    Thank you so much Daniel for your talent

    ReplyDelete
  8. Steve Pemberton23 April 2011 at 11:44

    I Can"t Praise You Enough Daniel,.....It"s Obvious To Me You Used To Love "The Smiths"...And Have The Same Style As "Jonny Marr"........Absolute Class Mate !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hakim from Paris8 June 2011 at 04:20

    This tune is just stunning man! Great voice, geat melody and last but not least great lyrics. Another masterpiece from a genuine god-like genius. Keep it up Daniel!

    ReplyDelete